The Lancaster Playhouse
THE LANCASTER PLAYHOUSE and Mark Spangler, Director, are casting for the rollicking tale of a clever spelling bee that promises to be laugh-out-loud hilarious, "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” tells the stories of six (6) quirky, over achieving, teens (or kids young at heart) in a pitch battle with each other in the spelling bee challenge of their life. The kids can be performed by adults playing uncomfortably eccentric, pubescent characters. Each speller singing and dancing to his own “ little drummer”.
Call backs will be March 21 from 6:30-8:30 if needed.
If you have any questions about the auditions or can't make either of the audition dates please contact the director at [email protected] or text him at 740-974-6666.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be prepared to sing a silly song. You can bring your own electronic accompaniment or sing accapella. No piano or accompaniest will be available.
- Cold readings will be done from the script.
- Be able to stay for the entire audition session unless you let the director know otherwise.
- Be able to follow the choreographer in some simple dance moves
CAST OF CHARACTERS
Rona Peretti: the Bee organainzer and a former champion
Principal Doug Panch: the substitute word pronouncer
M.Mahony: a menacing excon doing community service as a "comfort counsellor"
- Chip: the Boy Scout and last years champion
- Swartzy: the youngest and most politically wise contestant
- Coneybear: the somewhat wide-eyed offspring of hippie parents
- Barfee: an allergy plagued student with a most unusual way of spelling
- Mary: the overachiever
- Olive: the tentative newcomer
You must be able to attend all scheduled performances (May 15, 16, 22 & 23)
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
The Records Center
138 West Chestnut Street, Lancaster, Ohio 43130