GUIDE FOR PERKING LOT BARISTAS (1-6-19)
Serving: 8:45 – about 12:00
Guests generally will start arriving at about 9:00 to get coffee and visit before Sunday School. The busiest time generally will be from 9:45 to 10:25. After the church service, a few people will get a cup of coffee for the drive home.
The following guidelines will help to keep the Perking Lot running smoothly. However, it may be necessary to make ad hoc changes as needed to accommodate the number of guests. Monitor the coffee levels closely, as additional canisters of each flavor may be needed.
1. Prepare one canister “House Blend” and one canister “Hazelnut” coffee. Put a filter in the basket, empty a packet of coffee into it, and press “Brew” ONLY ONCE. Coffee will then start to fill the canisters.
Place a placard on top of the coffee machines to indicate which flavor is being brewed in that machine.
2. While the coffee is brewing, set out the following on the counter.
- Any edible food in the refrigerator or snacks contributed. These may be placed on platters or served in the containers in which they came.
- Sugars/sweeteners, creamers (Mini-Moos and Hazelnut)
- Styrofoam cups for coffee, clear plastic cups for lemonade, stirrers, napkins, stir sticks, teabags if available, small trash can
- Wicker basket and “Donations” placard
- Tea box, if available
3. When the initial two canisters are filled, put in the inserts, close the lids and raise the handles.
Place the House Blend coffee toward the end of the counter on the left.
Take the placard off the top of the machine and place it on the counter near the canister.
Place the Hazelnut coffee to the right of the House Blend.
Place the drip blocks underneath the spigots of the canisters.
4. Prepare another canister of House Blend and a canister of Decaf as above.
When the canisters are filled, place the second House Blend behind the first one.
Place the Decaf toward the right-hand end of the counter.
5. While this coffee is brewing, prepare two pitchers of Lemonade.
Place four scoops of lemonade mix in each pitcher.
Add water, allowing room to add ice.
Stir until mix is dissolved.
Place one pitcher on the counter and the other one in the refrigerator.
6. When the service is over and the congregation leaves, it’s time to consolidate the supplies and clean up.
Rinse the baskets of the coffee machines, the coffee canisters, and pitchers.
Put the cups, sweeteners, etc., under the counter.
Wipe the counter and tables.
6. Gather the money donations, place in marked envelop, indicate supplies needed and put envelop on Jill’s desk or in the safe in the Sacristy at the front of the Sanctuary.
7. Take dirty towels home to launder with your next batch and return when at the church again.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE