Altar Serving provides students an opportunity to participate in the Mass in a very intimate way (by assisting the Priest). This special children’s ministry is both an honor and a privilege. As such, students are expected to do all they can to bring a sense of dignity and respect to the ministry.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALTAR SERVERS:
- Families must be active, registered members of St. Paul's Parish and attend Sunday Mass regularly.
- Students must be in 5th grade or higher (or entering 5th grade in the Fall of 2022)
- Students must attend St. Paul's School or St. Paul's Religious Education Program
- Students are expected to have prior knowledge of the order of the Mass and responses to the prayers
- Students will be expected to serve at least one Sunday Mass per month.
ALTAR SERVER TRAINING THIS SUMMER:
- This summer we have 2 training sessions for Altar Servers.
- Choose the week most convenient for your schedule.
- Students must attend all 5 days in the chosen session.
- In addition to the training, students are also assigned 2 weekdays Masses to serve prior to being assigned to the Sunday Mass schedule.
- New servers WILL BE EXPECTED to serve as soon as possible so they do not forget what they learn.
|| Mimi` Coleman