Eastern Elementary PTA
Do you want to do something special for your child, recognizing a special occasion or accomplishment? You can show them how proud you are by painting it on the Spirit Rock for everyone in the school to see.
* Reservations MUST be made to paint the rock through the EES Spirit Rock Signup Genius. We request that a $20 donation (to support the PTA) be paid at the time of reservation through Signup Genius.
* All individuals who sign up are responsible for supplying paint and painting the rock. PTA does not paint the rock for you.
* The Spirit Rock is reserved for one week. A week is defined as beginning on Saturday at 1pm and ending at 12:59pm the following Saturday afternoon.
(Example, if your child’s birthday is the week of September 6th, and you want them to arrive at school that Monday to see the rock, you reserve the week of September 4th. You can begin painting The Rock on Saturday after 1:00 PM. The person who has reserved the next week can begin painting the rock the following Saturday at 1:00 PM. We need everyone to cooperate with this rule in order to keep a functioning system. We do not reschedule for rain.
* Payment is due at the time of making the reservation and is 1st come 1st served. Reservations are pending until payment is made and acknowledged. All payments and reservations are non-refundable for any reason (changed your mind, inclement weather, etc). However, if you decide you do not want your date, you can offer it to a friend or sell it to another family. However, PTA will not offer refunds on any reserved dates.
* ONLY the Rock may be painted. DO NOT paint the sidewalk, bench, flagpole, building, grass or any other material surrounding the Rock. The individual or group will be held financially responsible for cleaning and/or repair costs associated with violation of this policy. Anyone painting the Rock must leave the area in clean condition. Remove all paint materials and litter from the site and be sure the paint is disposed of properly.
* The individual or group painting the rock assumes liability for any individual or member of the group who may be injured and/or incur clothing or other personal property damage. Please be kind to our environment and recycle empty paint cans, etc.
*Spirit Rock paintings MUST be in good taste. EES Staff and PTA will regularly monitor the Spirit Rock to ensure that paintings fall within the above-established guidelines. EES PTA has the right to remove any painting deemed inappropriate by school administration without notice to those who painted the rock.
*By reserving a date, you agree to adhere to the above-mentioned guidelines.
Some tips for painting the rock.
- The most popular paint to use is to spray paint. You will probably need 2 cans for a good base coat (more if your base coat is white). Please note that, latex paint and paint that is rolled on will take several hours to dry, as opposed to spray paint, which dries in several minutes.
Amount of Spray Paint Suggested:
- The shape, size and texture of the rock surface varies from rock-to-rock. Below, are suggestions that can be used to give you an approximation as to the amount of spray paint that you will need.
- Rock:2 Cans of base spray paint to cover previous message (Double this if your base coat is White).
- Dependent upon the amount of colors you want used in your message, a minimum of 1 can is needed if you elect to paint your message in one color.
|| Eastern Elementary