Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture
- Plan on staying for the entire duration of your shift. We plan the morning based on the number of people signed up for the shift.
- Be prepared to work outdoors and get dirty.
- Bring your own water bottle, work gloves, sunscreen, bug spray and weather-appropriate clothing.
- All CCUA volunteers must wear sneakers or boots! If you are wearing open-toed shoes such as: sandals, flip flops, and Chacos, you will not be able to participate.
- There are restrictions on how children/youth may participate in volunteering.
- Ages 0-11 may not join the volunteer workday.
- Ages 12-14 may volunteer with a chapperone.
- Ages 15 and above may volunteer without a chapperone.
You can learn more about CCUA's other volunteer opportunities at our website: ColumbiaUrbanAg.org/volunteer There are many ways to get involved with CCUA's volunteer program. Each of the following ways is designed to suit different needs of the different types of people who volunteer with us:
- "Contracted" Volunteer Shifts
- An individual signs up for a regularly weekly shift.
- "Sign Up" Volunteer Shifts
- An individual signs up for a one-time shift. (The signup below is for a "sign up" shift.)
- "Drop In" Volunteer Shifts
- No need to RSVP, you just show up if you can, for as long as you can.
- "Group" Volunteer Shifts
- Like a sign up shift, but you're bringing a crew. Great for workplaces, church groups, social clubs, scout troops, etc.
1701 W Ash St, Columbia, MO 65203
|| Billy Polansky