Kirk in the Hills
Kirk in the Hills is making meals for South Oakland Shelter May 9 - May 15.
Here are all the details.
1. There are 85 homeless guests we are supplying meals for.
2. Meals need to be dropped off at 4pm at Rodeway Inn in Pontiac. Therefore we can make the meals one day in advance and there are two seperate sign-ups. One for the meal preparation teams and one for the delivery and distribution teams. The guests do have microwaves in their rooms.
3. The meal preparation teams will work out of the Kirk kitchen by the Refectory. 5:30- 8:30 pm Park in the West Lot and go in thru the Refectory doors. Time may be shorter depending on meal prep time.
4. The delivery and distribution teams will meet at the Refectory to load up the meals onto the Kirk van and drive down to Rodeway Inn together. Park in the West lot and meet in the Refectory lobby area. 3:00 - 6:00 pm.
5. There are two options for the sign up. Either people can sign up individually or a whole group can sign up, for example...a family or a bible study group. At this time I am going to make all food prep times 5:30pm - 8:30pm. But if you're signing up a whole group and you'd rather cook at a different time just contact me: Julie Walker [email protected] or call 248-302-1713
6. We have ideas of what we can serve every day, and can purchase all the food necessary. But if you or your group have a different meal in mind, we can work with you. Again just contact: Julie Walker [email protected] or call 248-302-1713
Please review the sign up categories and remember to submit your entries!
|| Membership Kirk in the Hills