VBClub is part VBS and part Book Club!
We will meet Wednesday mornings via Google Meets from June 24th-August 19th
PreK-2nd Grade: 10:00-10:45am reading the book Gritty and Graceful by Caryn Rivadeneira
3rd Grade-6th Grade: 11:00am-12:00pm reading the book Grit and Grace by Caryn Rivadeneira
After our intro to our Bible Hero, reading the respective story in the books, we will participate in science, art and other activities to learn about Heroic Women of the Bible.
We still need lots of help from our congregation! This is how you can help:
1. Donate supplies. These donations will go directly to the children in our VBClubs. They will be delivered to their houses 3 times throughout the summer.
2. We need helpers to deliver our bags of materials! (June 21st, July 12th, and August 2nd)
3. We need LOTS of volunteers during the lessons to help develop and teach the hands on activities, share an extension activity and prayer. This will require planning the activity, giving a material list to Terri a week before materials are sent to kiddos, and teaching/demonstrating/and applying the activity during the google meets (you should also join in for the entire sessions so you can participate as a loving adult!). Don't worry, Terri will help you as much as you need or you can get creative and go with it!
- Hands on activities are a lot like what you'd see at VBS in the science or arts and crafts classroom. They're messy and fun and engaging! They connect to the Bible Hero or the theme of the day!
- Extension activities are a lot like children's moments during worship. "This week whenever you ____ think about how _____" or a "Take 5 minutes each day to _____" and then end with a prayer!
|| Terri Dotterer