Alert Driving School Road Testing
**PER THE SECRETARY OF STATE** -- ROAD TESTS CAN NOT BE SCHEDULED FOR THE SAME DAY AS YOUR SOS APPOINTMENT!**
**ALL INFO ENTERED WHEN SIGNING UP FOR A ROAD TEST MUST BE THE PARTICIPANTS INFO, NOT THE PARENT/GUARDIANS INFO. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PARTICIPANTS INFO, DO NOT PUT IN YOUR OWN. IF THIS IS INCORRECT, IT MAY RESULT IN A CANCELATION OF SCHEDULED ROAD TEST.**
***EVERYONE HAS BEEN PROVIDED A DRIVERS LICENSE NUMBER (it's located on EVERYONES permit). IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE SIGN UP GENIUS WITH YOUR LICENSE NUMBER THERE WILL BE NO ROAD TEST. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE FULLY PREPARED & ALL INFORMTAION HAS BEEN PUT IN ACCURATELY!***
Alert will be in the North Front Parking lot -- look for the ORANGE construction cones with the WHITE poles -- that is where the road test will begin.
Please bring the following:
ADULTS (18 years of age, and older):
- If you have a license from another country or state, please bring that as well.
TEENS (under age 18):
- Michigan Temporary Driver's License also known as GRADUATED DRIVER LICENCE. Must be held for at least 6 months from issue date in order to road test.
- The WHITE Segment 2 Card or Segment 2 printed paper version starting with EXM.
- A parent/guardian MUST attend. If not, then a hand-written letter giving permission for a licensed driver at least 21 years old (write in the name) to escort during the test. A copy of the parent's/guardian's drivers license must be with the letter.
- The COMPLETED GDL Driving Log documenting at least 50 hours of driving, and must include at least 10 hours of nighttime driving.
ALL (ADULT AND TEEN) APPLICANTS:
- The testing fee is $80.00 MON-FRI and $85.00 SAT & SUN **CASH ONLY**
- CURRENT PROOF of registration and insurance on the vehicle that will be driven for the day of the test. NOTE: LAST 4 DIGITS OF THE VIN NUMBER ON THE VEHICLE MUST MATCH THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF THE REGISTRATION & INSURANCE VIN NUMBER.
- ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE LEGIBLE, CURRENT and UNALTERED, this includes INSURANCE & REGISTRATION on the road test vehicle. State rules: no proper documentation, no test.
- There is a $40 cash fee if you DO NOT have UP TO DATE documents OR the road test vehicle fails inspection. (ie. exhaust issues, a crack in the windshield that obstructs driver and/or passengers view, head lights/tail lights/indicator (signal) lights not working and damaged or inappropriate tires.)
The test will last approx. 1 hour, that is from the time you arrive to the time that the test is finished. Keith Lee will be the only one performing these driving tests. As a friendly reminder: There is NO PRACTICING in the parking lot on the day of the test. You must arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time, as there is paperwork that needs to be completed. If you arrive 10 minutes or later than your scheduled time, you may have to reschedule.
Rescheduling/Cancellation Policy: You may delete/reschedule your appointment no later than 48 hours before scheduled date. There are no rescheduling/cancellation fees. We do ask for a minimum of 24 hour notice if possible please.
Refunds: No refunds once the Basic Controls Skills (Parking) Test begins.
Alert Road Testing, Inc.
Northbrook Presbyterian Church, 22055 W. 14 Miles Rd., Beverly Hills, MI 48025