Church of the Resurrection
Hi there! Apostles in the City (AITC) has been giving away bag lunches to the homeless in Baltimore on a nearly daily basis since the pandemic began. They have invited us to partner in this effort by providing at least 24 bag lunches on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays which AITC will then distribute in partnership with other local ministries serving the homeless.
If you would like to participate, here's what you need to know:
- Signing up for a slot means you will provide at least 24 bag lunches on the day you select.
- There are three slots for each day, so that more than one family can make lunches for a given day.
- Lunches should be dropped off at one of four locations the evening before or by 10 am the morning of. Please select your drop off location when you sign up. If drop off is not possible for you, we can address that on a case by case basis - contact Regina Martin [email protected] to discuss.
- Lunches should include, but not be limited to:
- Sandwich (please no PBJ or bologna)
- Soft fruit (e.g. banana or orange, apples are tough for folks without teeth)
- Optional other suggestions: cheese sticks, apple sauce (squeeze packets or sauce with spoon), soft granola bars
- Optional: send a case of water with the lunches - very helpful but not required!
- A fun activity to get kids involved is to write a simple message on the bag, such as "Jesus loves you!" etc.
Pray that the homeless that we are serving experience the love of Jesus and the hope of His Resurrection. Thanks so much!