It's that time of the year again, and we need volunteers to assist with ushering for our 2022 High Holy Day Conservative services in the Sydney Eisenberg Chapel.
Volunteer Ushers are integral to helping TBESOC visitors feel welcome at High Holy Day Services and play a critical role in the overall safety of all in attendance. An Usher is like a flight attendant, greeting all in attendance, pointing them in the right direction, and knowing how to safely exit in the event of an emergency.
*** In-person training will take place for all volunteers at 5:00 pm on August 31st. ***
Please review the available usher opportunities below and click on the desired button to sign up.
In addition to ushering at the entrance to the Sydney Eisenberg Chapel, there are also opportunities to serve as Building Entrance Greeters and at the Ticket Will-Call desk. Sign-ups for these shifts are located on the Reform service volunteer list:
Reform Service Sign-up
Note the following:
- Be careful to not sign up for multiple roles in the same timeframe
- If you are signing up a spouse/partner/family member, add their name to the comments section to make it clear who is serving in that role
- Please help people find seats in a way that spreads the crowd out and does not clump people in one area.
The following resources are available for all of the services. They will be on the counter of the front desk in the main lobby:
- Reusable magnetic nametags (they have a ribbon that says “Greeter” and you can write your name on the nametag and return it to be wiped off and reused)
- Copies of papers that say “Reserved seating for Usher” so you can save your own seat while ushering!
I'll try to fill-in any slots that remain open during the services.
Thank you. L'Shana Tovah.
Main Door - Chapel
|| Temple Beth El South Orange County