CASHA's October Program Meeting
CASHA PROGRAM MEETING
Join us on
Tuesday October 22, 2019
from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
(800 Troy-Schenectady Rd, Latham, NY)
Maura Fox, M.S. CCC-SLP, NBCT
Making Time to Include Mindfulness Practices Into Your Sessions
This course is offered for .2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Learning Outcomes - Attendees will be able to:
• describe the fundamentals of mindful awareness
• describe the science behind mindful practices
• tell personal stressors
• describe strategies for self-care
• tell the benefits of mindfulness practices
• tell how to “fit it all in”
• describe mindful activities for the classroom
Time Ordered Agenda:
6:00-6:30 Introductions and Disclosure
Overview of what Mindfulness is and is not; Mindfulness and the brain
6:30-7:00 Description of Mindfulness and Stress Reduction self-care.
7:00-7:45 Mindfulness activities to use with students
7:45-8:00 Conclusion, Questions, and Resources
Financial Relationships for presenter:
- Maura has a financial relationship with Fox Center For Awakening Learning Potential, LLC as her employer.
- No affiliation with, nor financial gain from resources discussed today.
- She is receiving an honorarium for today’s presentation.
- ASHA Member
Sign Up for this Program Meeting will close on Tuesday October 15th at 11:30PM.
This Program is free for CASHA members in good standing. There will be a $25 charge for non-members to attend.
*Please be sure to register with your name EXACTLY as you would like it on your certificate.*Date: 10/22/2019 (Tue.) Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm EDT Location: NYSUT
|Did you already RSVP? You can Edit your RSVP.|