Issaquah Robotics Society
Your student's team, Issaquah Robotics Society, needs dinners contributed a few times per week during build and competition season. Read below as to how to contribute funds instead of food. The following list outlines the dinner needs for our hardworking robotics students and mentors:
- Tuesday 6:00 dinner will be a pasta bar
- Thursday 6:00 dinner will be a baked potato bar
- Saturday at 12noon will be a pizza lunch
- Dinners or lunches on other days will be a parent choice (lunches 12noon and dinners 6pm)
- 2 families will supply food for 50-60 people
- Always supply a vegetarian option (salad is not enough and there should be a vegetarian protein choice)
- Please, NO pizza any other day than Saturday and NO pork all days
- 2-3 gallons of milk, 1 or 2%, is always welcome
Students will help bring in supplies and set up the meal. We have tables, electrical outlets, plates, napkins, silverware, cups and some serving utensils. If you need to slice or create part of the meal at the shop please bring all the tools you need. We don't have many things like cutting boards.
Following are some ideas for meals:
- BBQ sandwiches and vegetarian casserole
- Hot dogs, baked beans, salad, oranges
- Sandwich bar, chips, apples, drinks
- Taco Bar, etc.
- Hoagie sandwiches (and veggie sandwiches) with salad and crudités with hummus
- Rotisserie chicken (cut up) and rice with salad or veggies
- Chili, etc.
Please indicate what you will be bringing so there will not be too many duplicates. We hope that each family will sign up to help! We know it's a big undertaking, and we have lots of people who can answer questions and offer ideas. Please feel free to be creative and know that your efforts are really appreciated! Please always add your email address and phone number in case your other parent partner needs to contact you.
Questions? Email [email protected] (email box will be monitored by Valerie Yanni)
For questions the day of your meal call Julie 425-652-8914 or Amy at 425-246-3079.
**Want to contribute funds instead of food? We have asked that families try to support 2 meals this year. In lieu of providing meals, a tax deductible/matchable donation of $100 per meal can be made ($200 total). To support meals this way, please make a donation to the team on the IHS website: https://web.issaquah.wednet.edu/TouchBase/ Sign in, choose a student, Items at Student's School, IHS donations, and Robotics is last on the list. Then email [email protected]issaquah.wednet.edu with your receipt, so we can tell who it came from and the intended purpose. We are taking 60+ kids to competitions and funds are needed to feed them, so please consider contributing any amount you feel comfortable with.
|| IRS Volunteers