You must audition in order to perform in this year's talent show. Each act should sign up for one timeslot. Please plan to arrive 5 minutes early to the audition to fill out an audition form.
February 9, 3pm Show (February 5 rehearsal)
February 9, 7pm Show (February 6 rehearsal)
You must be able to attend the rehearsal date to register for a particular show. Dress rehearsal is mandatory but acts will not need to stay for the entire rehearsal.
Answers to FAQs:
1) Students are only permitted to participate in one act. We encourage group acts!
2) There are two shows on the same day. Students will perform in only one show, based on their availability.
3) The audition is not an actual “audition“; everyone who wants to perform can! The purpose of the audition is for the students to try performing in front of other people, and for the organizers to preview the acts so that we know how to structure the shows. Students should have the acts as put together as possible.
4) Students/parents are responsible for choosing their own acts. Of course, if you need suggestions, we are happy to help!
5) For the auditions, students will need to bring anything they need to perform their act, including recorded music (and something to play it on), sheet music if needed, musical instruments, props, dance shoes, etc. We will provide a piano and gym mats.
6) For students planning to sing a pop song, an instrumental track accompaniment (no vocals) is suggested. At the show, we will play the track through the sound system. At the audition, students need to have something to play it on (phone, tablet, Bluetooth speaker, CD player, etc.)
Any additional questions, please post on Springfield’s Got Talent on Facebook (someone else probably has the same question) or email [email protected]!
Erdenheim SGI Area