Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde-AUDITIONS
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
Written by Jeffrey Hatcher
Directed by Chris Hamby
Performance Dates: October 12th-28th, 2018
Who: Auditions open to actors ages 18+
When: July 21, 2018
Where: Peoria Center for the Performing Arts
10580 North 83rd Drive
Peoria, AZ 85345
There is a $100.00 stipend for actors in this production.
To Prepare: One classical dramatic monologue OR one contemporary dramatic monologue.
This production will utilize extensive movement. If needed for a callback please be prepared to move.
- Show Synopsis
- Adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher, based on the story by Robert Louis Stevenson, this play features a strong ensemble cast to tell the mysterious tale. In foggy Victorian London, Dr. Henry Jekyll’s studies have resulted in the creation of a second self-- the villainous Edward Hyde. When Hyde meets a woman who stirs his interest, Jekyll fears for her life and attempts to end his experiment. This sparks a battle of control between the two incarnations, ensuing in a deadly game of cat and mouse. The nefarious Mr. Hyde is played by multiple actors throughout.
- Character Breakdowns
- The script currently calls for 4 men and 2 women, who will all play one or more parts. The original cast was arranged as such:
- Man 1 - Dr. Henry Jekyll
- Woman 1 - Elizabeth Jelkes
- Man 2 - Hyde, Utterson, Others
- Man 3 - Hyde, Enfield, Sanderson, Inspector, Others
- Man 4 - Hyde, Lanyon, Doctor, Student, Others
- Woman 2 - Hyde, Poole, Student, Doctor, Others
If you have questions in advance of the audition please contact Chris Hamby: [email protected]
07/21/2018 (Sat.) Location: