All Shook Up
ALL SHOOK UP AUDITIONS
Music Director-Ken Goodenberger
Performs: September 7-23, 2018
Who: Auditions open to performers 16-Adult. We encourage interested performers of all ages, shapes, sizes and colors to attend the audition. We are particularly interested in seeing African American talent for the roles of Sylvia, Lorraine, and the ensemble.
When: July 14th
10580 N 83rd Drive
Peoria, AZ 85345
Please prepare: 32 bars of an upbeat, uptempo song that is in the style of the show that best highlights your voice and vocal range.
No a capella auditions. Please bring your accompaniment track in an electronic format mp3, mp4. We will be able to play from a cellphone. Speakers, etc will be provided. There will be no accompanist provided.
If cast, all performers over 19 years old will receive a $100.00 gas stipend.
Please review the attached draft rehearsal calendar. Please come to your audition with the attached audition form completed. Headshot and resume suggested but not required.
If you have questions about the show or auditions please contact Matt Sanders: [email protected] or David Chorley: [email protected]
- Show Schedule:
- Friday, Sept. 7 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, Sept. 8 @ 7:30pm
- Sunday, Sept. 9 @ 2:00pm
- Wednesday, Sept 12 @2:00pm
- Thursday, Sept 13 @10:00am
- Friday, Sept. 14 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, Sept. 15 @ 3:00pm
- Saturday, Sept. 15 @ 7:30pm
- Sunday, Sept. 16 @ 2:00pm
- Friday, Sept. 21 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, Sept. 22 @ 3:00pm
- Saturday, Sept 22 @ 7:30pm
- Sunday, Sept 23 @ 2:00pm
- Show Synopsis
- Elvis Presley and William Shakespeare proudly present All Shook Up, a toe-tapping reinvention of the classic Twelfth Night. It’s the summer of 1955 and a square little Midwestern town gets “all shook up” when the smooth talking, motorcycle riding, fresh-out-of-jail Chad arrives. Natalie, the local mechanic,falls head over heels for this singing stranger, and decides that the best way to get close to him is to disguise herself as an equally-cool dude, “Ed.” Meanwhile, chaos ensues as the whole town gets caught up in a madcap chase to woo their respective loves and shake off the iron will of their strict Mayor. Featuring iconic songs such as “Jailhouse Rock,” “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Love Me Tender,” “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” and, of course, “All Shook Up.”
- Character Breakdowns; ALL ROLES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- NATALIE HALLER: (16-early 20’s): a young woman and an excellent mechanic. She's much more at home in greasy overalls than a dress. Alto.
- CHAD: a great-lookin’, motorcycling, guitar-playing, leather-jacketed roustabout. Tenor/Baritone.
- JIM HALLER: (mid 30’s-50’s): Natalie’s widowed father. Middle-aged and messy, he still longs for his wife. Baritone.
- SYLVIA: (mid 30’s-40’s): the no-nonsense, owner of Sylvia’s Honky Tonk. Huge-range, Belter.
- LORRAINE: Sylvia’s teenage daughter. Pretty, smart and a total romantic. Alto.
- DENNIS: a young, awkward, aspiring dentist. Tenor.
- MISS SANDRA: the beautiful, intellectual caretaker of the town’s museum. Mezzo Soprano, high Alto.
- MAYOR MATILDA HYDE: (mid 40’s-50’s): the town’s conservative mayor. Mezzo Soprano.
- DEAN HYDE: Matilda’s teenage son. He has grown up at a military boarding school and has never disobeyed his mother. Tenor.
- SHERIFF EARL: (mid 30’s-50’s): the law in town. A man of not many words. He loyally follow sthe Mayor wherever she goes. Baritone
- MALE & FEMALE Ensemble: (16-adult) to play an assortment of TOWNSPEOPLE. Lots of dancing and singing.
07/14/2018 (Sat.) Location: