All RCTA volunteers
Add something NEW to your 2020 fitness routine. Get ready to swing a racket and BURN calories.
Cardio Tennis has slowly become known as the "third way to play tennis," rather than the traditionanl singles and doubles matches. Classes are geared towards keeping players in their target heart-rate zone so they can burn the most calories and get the best workout possible in the hour long sessions.*
RCTA is excited to sponsor Cardio Tennis sessions on the indoor courts at the WR YMCA for the very first time in Rockingham County. Here's what you need to know:.
- Cardio tennis is NOT instruction but a fitness class that happens to include balls and a racket and takes place on a tennis court.
- Players of any tennis skill level - beginning to expert - may join the class. High School and adult players are welcome.
- Rackets are provided if you don't have one.
- Our winter 4-week session will be from 6-7pm on Wednesdays January 15, 22, 29 and February 5.
- You may signup for one session at a time or check the box to attend every Wednesday.
- We need 5 players to register to hold the class.
- YMCA membership is not required. Non-members must sign a Y Tennis Guest Waiver before participating for the first time. (attached below)
- A Cardio Tennis instructor will be provided by Pat's Tennis Aces, a Greensboro tennis management company who is also teaching our Saturday Try Tennis classes.
- The class fee is $10/person and collected on the court. There is no additional court fee.
*Men can burn between 500-100 calories in one class, whereas women can burn between 300 and 500 calories. Rather than being about "playing" tennis, its more about training and the great cardiovascular workout the program provides. www.cardiotennis.com
|| Rockingham County Tennis Association