Thanksgiving Boxes 2021
This holiday season, help the community by donating a box of food for familes served by The Light House. All items listed below should be placed in a small cardboard box or small moving box( no alcohol boxes please) in a way that the box can be closed during distribution. Please do not tape box closed and please do not include additional items as it is our goal to make this equitable for all. All items should be sealed in their original packages. Please do not include industrial sized, glass or perishable items. If you would like to decorate your box, please use the coloring and activty sheets linked below.
Coloring Page: https://bit.ly/2WDtTxo
Handprint Print Turkey: https://bit.ly/3FhHgVC
Thank you for your help and generosity!
Please sign-up below, and drop-off the items following our drop-off donation instructions at The Light House Friday, November 19th from 9:00am and 5:00pm.
For the safety of our staff and residents, masks are required while on Light House property, and follow our donation guidelines listed below.
- Items can be delivered to our 10 Hudson Street, Annapolis location. We ask that all donations of Thanksgiving Boxes be brought to the front door of The Light House, ring the doorbell and the RA at the front desk will speak through the intercom.
- 1 hour of Student Service per assembled box. Please note that service hours will not be awarded without a sign-up. All students requesting Service Hour Recognition must complete our Student Impact Reflection Form( on our website) and submit any documents for signatures to the volunteer inbox. Onsite staff will not sign student service hour forms.
· (1) $20.00 Grocery Store Gift Card( Giant, Safeway or Target are preferred) to purchase a Turkey and other perishable items
· (2) Canned Yams (14.5 oz cans or 1 large can)
· (2) Canned Green Beans (14.5 oz cans or 1 large can)
· (2) Canned Collard Greens (14.5 oz cans or 1 large can)
· (2) Canned Corn (14.5 oz cans or 1 large can)
· (1) Boxed or Bagged Mashed Potatoes
· (2) Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
· (2) Boxed or Bagged Stuffing Mix
· (1) Cornbread or Muffin Mix
· (1) Packet Gravy Mix( no glass jars please)
· (1) Canned Cranberry Sauce
· (1) Complete Pancake Mix( just add water)
· (1) Syrup
· (2) Brownie Mix (no premade desserts or rolls please)
· (4) Toothbrushes, 1 floss and 1 standard size toothpaste
The Light House, 10 Hudson Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
9:00am - 5:00pm EST
10 Hudson St.
|| Volunteer Office