UNBAGGED LUNCH PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS
The Light House distributes approximately 125 meals daily to our residents and community clients who are in need of food. Meals are available at any time for anyone who comes to our doors hungry. This program is supported solely through donations provided by volunteers and it is a critical need for The Light House.
The Light House is no longer serving the lunch in brown paper bags and asks that volunteers refrain from packing sides, water and sandwiches together. Volunteers should only assemble the sandwiches offsite and wrap them in individual sandwich bags. The Light House remains dedicated to our mission which focuses on "dignity of choice" and by keeping the items seperate, those that are in need of the lunches are able to choose the items they would like to eat.
Only volunteers that have registered through this Sign-up Genius page will be allowed on site to drop off meals. Each day there are 5 slots (25 meals per slot), which equals a maximum of 125 meals per day. For students seeking service hours, each slot has a service hour value of 2 hours and students must complete our Student Impact Reflection Form as part of our student hour verification. Please visit www.annapolislighthouse.org/volunteer to learn more about Student Volunteer Service Hours.
Individual sandwiched bag wrapped sandwiches should include a mix of at least two of the following sandwich types:
Turkey and cheese | Beef and cheese | Ham and cheese | Bologna and cheese
Please use sliced lunch meat and any variety of deli-style sliced cheese
Please do not include any other ingredients such as condiments, lettuce, tomato, etc.
Please do not use loaf ends
Condiment packets are welcome
* No Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches at this time
Healthy Snack Items - Pick 2: Snacks should be factory wrapped and sealed
* Carrot / celery sticks
* Nuts / raisins / trail mix
* Pudding cups( non-refrigerated)
* Granola Bar or Graham crackers
* Pretzels/Popcorn/healthy lunch size snack bags
* Snack crackers (peanut butter/cheese)
* Fruit Cup (fruit cocktail, Mandarin oranges, pears, applesauce with twist top) No sugar-free please!
* Fresh Whole Fruit (apples or oranges)- do not need to be sealed or wrapped
* Individual water bottles still in the case.
PLEASE DROP YOUR LUNCHES OFF AT THE LIGHT HOUSE BY 7 PM THE DAY BEFORE YOU ARE SCHEDULED.
For the safety of our staff and residents, please wear a mask while on Light House property, and follow our donation guidelines listed below.
• Items can be delivered between 9am-7pm at our 10 Hudson Street, Annapolis location. We ask that all donations of food or supplies be brought to the front desk. Please park in our curbside drop-off area. Please ring the doorbell and staff will speak through the intercom acknowledging the drop-off.
• Please note, we host several outdoor community support events on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10am-12pm. We suggest dropping off donations outside of this time.
Thank you for your support!
|| Volunteer Office