UNBAGGED LUNCH PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS
The Light House distributes approximately 100 meals daily to our residents and community clients who are in need of food. Meals are available at any time for anyone who comes to our doors hungry. This program is supported solely through donations provided by volunteers and it is a critical need for The Light House.
The Light House is no longer serving the lunch in brown paper bags and asks that volunteers refrain from packing sides, water and sandwiches together. Volunteers should only assemble the sandwiches offsite and wrap them in individual sandwich bags. The Light House does not have the storage capacity to store assembled lunches. Only volunteers that have registered through the Sign-up Genius to drop off meals will be allowed on site. There are 5 slots, 25 meals per slot and maximum of 125 meals per day. Each slot has a service hour value of 2 hours and students must complete our Student Impact Reflection Form as part of our student hour verification. Please visit www.annapolislighthouse.org to learn more about Student Volunteer Service Hours.
* Individual sandwiched bag wrapped sandwiches can include the following options:
* Meat (Beef, Ham, Bologna or Turkey) and Cheese ONLY (No condiments, lettuce or tomato)
* Condiment packets are welcome
* No Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches at this time
Healthy Snack Items - Pick 2: Snacks should be individually wrapped and sealed
* Carrot / celery sticks
* Nuts / raisins / trail mix
* Pudding cups
* Granola Bar-Graham crackers
* Pretzels/Popcorn/healthy lunch size snack bags
* Snack crackers (peanut butter/cheese)
* Fruit Cup (fruit cocktail, applesauce)
* Fresh Whole Fruit (apples or oranges)- do not need to be sealed or wrapped
* Individual water bottles still in the case.
PLEASE DROP YOUR LUNCHES OFF AT THE LIGHT HOUSE BY 7 PM THE DAY BEFORE YOU ARE SCHEDULED.
For the safety of our staff and residents, please wear a mask while on Light House property, and follow our contactless donation guidelines listed below.
- Items can be delivered to our 10 Hudson Street, Annapolis location. We ask that all donations of items be brought to the front door of The Light House, placed on the table, ring the doorbell and the RA at the front desk will speak through the intercom acknowledging the drop-off and will collect the items after you have left. You are allowed to park in the designated loading zone in the front of the building to remove items from your vehicle.
- We host a Walk-Up Pantry and Carol's Closet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-12pm and Walk-Up Pantry on Wednesdays from 12pm-2pm. Please note this can cause a back-up on Hudson St. Please plan to drop-off donations outside of this time during the dates and time provided.
Thank you for your support!
|| Volunteer Office