Thank you for volunteering to host the coffee hour on Sunday mornings. All supplies are provided by the church. You do not have to buy the coffee, cookies, donuts etc. The congregation and our guests truly appreciate their refreshments – they love this special time of fellowship together! And we really appreciate your willingness to volunteer!
With hosts like you, River Hills UMC can provide the Welcoming Community we strive to be.
At coffee hour, we offer coffee, juice, water, cookies and on the second Sunday of the month donuts.
Refreshment Setup 8:15-10:15 am:
- Make regular coffee, decaf coffee, a small pot of hot water
- Put out pitchers of apple juice and water
- Set out condiments (sugar, creamer, straws etc.), napkins
- Put cookies on plates and place on the center table – donuts are placed in boxes on the table
- Replenish coffee and cookies as needed after the 9:00 service
Refreshment Cleanup 10:45 am -12:30 pm:
- Clean up remaining coffee, water, and juice and wash out pots and pitchers
- Store remaining cookies in ziplock bags and place in freezer
- Wash off tablecloths and return to the closet
The number one reason we all attend on Sunday mornings is for the Worship time. It is our hope that this ministry will not take away from your worship experience but rather enhance it.
If you have never worked a coffee hour there are instructions available and you are encouraged to shadow as many times as you may need a more experienced volunteer.
Please call or e-mail Sandy Hills at 651-357-4689 or [email protected] with any questions or concerns.