Sparks Volleyball Academy (SVA)
SVA is proud to host the 3rd Annual Micah Sparks Memorial Grass Tournament on Saturday, July 24th at Founders Park in Castle Rock! We had a great turnout of 200+ players last year and we were able to donate $7,200 to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
All players get a very cool trucker hat and Chick-Fil-A will be sponsoring lunch again! All youth divisions will be boys or girls doubles, and the adults (19+) will be reverse co-ed quads (at least two ladies, women's net, men hit from 10 foot line) with an A and B division (for the adults only). All net proceeds from the tournament will be donated to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and Camp IdRaHaJe. Great tournament, great fun, and two great organizations being supported! We hope you can join us.
A few things to note so please read on:
1) The cost is only $60 per doubles team or $120 per quad team ($30 a player, payable tournament day) and each team is guaranteed to play at least four, two set matches to 21.
2) Please register by Monday, July 19th. We need at least 4 teams in each division to maintain that division for the tournament. Otherwise, we may combine two age divisions.
3) Youth teams must sign up for an age bracket that fits the age they would play in during the next club season (e.g. 17 year olds that would turn 18 next club season would enter in 18's). If a player typically "plays up" in club season, they do not have to play up for this tournament unless desired. If there is an age difference in partners, the team must play up to the oldest age level.
4) Prizes will be given for 1st and 2nd place at each tournament. All players will get a very cool trucker hat!
5) We play at Founder's Park (4671 Enderud Blvd, Castle Rock, CO 80104) just north of the pavilion next to the cluster of pine trees.
6) Check-in time will be 7:30 a.m. with the first pool play matches beginning at approximately 8:00 and the Championship matches taking place around 12:00. Note, players will be required to set up the nets for their court.
Please note the following Waiver of Liability that's applicable upon registration:
All exercise and participation done in connection with Sparks Volleyball Academy (SVA) and/or the Micah Sparks Memorial Grass Tournament are at the risk of the player and/or parent of the player. SVA is not liable for personal injury, theft, or loss of property. By registering for any of the three tournaments, you assume full responsibility for yourself and/or your children for any injuries, illness, damages or losses which may occur and do hereby fully and forever release and discharge SVA and its Directors, coaches or employees from any claims, demands, damages, rights of action, or causes of action, present or future, whether the same be known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, resulting from or arising out of your participation in this tournament. By registering for the tournament, you indicate that you have read the above and fully understand and agree with the terms and conditions.
|| Ronald Sparks