Solo and Ensemble will be held Saturday, February 9, 2019 from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm at Lakota West High School.
Please sign up for one or more of the roles and/or slots to help.
Students - you can receive service hours for working at this event!
Parents/other volunteers - we definitely want you to attend your student's performance(s) so please consider those times when signing up for a volunteer shift. List in the comments when your student is scheduled to perform so we can make sure we have all required positions covered.
Please arrive 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SHIFT START TIME. To accommodate the early morning check-in rush, the office will be open by 7:30 am.
Please sign in at the office before going to your assigned position.
* Positions with * are pre-filled lead positions and not available for sign up. If you have an interest in helping or leading next year in those roles, please contact Todd or Rebecca Yoby directly at [email protected]
In Room Assistants: ESSENTIAL ROLE - Assist judge, announce performances, keep room quiet, and make sure Score Runners collect completed score sheets from judge (students can fill this position but not allowed to directly handle score sheets).
Hallway Room Assistants: ESSENTIAL ROLE - Check students in as they arrive, keep students in order as much as possible, adjust performance times as necessary but keep room on schedule, keep In Room Assistant informed of schedule changes. Help keep hallway quiet.
Hallway & practice room monitor:Keep order and noise in control in hallways and practice rooms. Make sure room assistants are in position. Assist visitors with directions. Help ensure school property is secure.
Scoring Assistants: Document all of the ratings, post ratings in cafeteria, file comment sheets and music in school folders. Job demands a lot of walking. During early shift, need to help train other volunteers in their roles (information provided).
Score Runners: Pick up completed score sheets from assigned set of performance rooms and deliver them to the office for processing. Check up on room assistants and monitor hallways. Job demands a lot of walking.
Check in table: Sell programs, greet and direct students, accompanists, parents, directors, and judges as they arrive. Answer general questions. Direct all volunteers to main office for check in.
Concession set up: Helps set up tables and carry in supplies from cars and closet.
Concession worker: Helps sell and serve in cafeteria.
Concession lunch rush worker: Helps to sell food in cafeteria during busiest time. These are additional people to the concession worker slots.
Concession clean up: Helps clean up and tear down tables at end of day.
OMEA pin seller: Students may buy a pin for the rating they achieve. Rating must be checked before pin can be sold. Sell appropriate pins. Do this in cafeteria near score postings.
Office Additional Support: Helps in the office wherever there is a need for extra hands - filing processed score sheets, additional score assistant help, "floater" for other volunteers as needed.
* Volunteer Coordinator: Checks in volunteers and coordinates volunteer assignments the day/night before and on day of. Awards student service hours.
* Main Office Assistant: Assists main office duties, helps instruct volunteers. Works with volunteer coordinator and scoring lead as needed.
* Scoring Lead: Lead over scoring process. Coordinates scoring process and runners. Job demands a lot of walking.
* Data Entry: Enters completed scores into OMEA computer application, prints award certificates.
*Concession Lead: Coordinates food for sale in cafeteria. Selects menu and pricing, works with Boosters to purchase food and supplies ahead of time. Coordinates set up and tear down/clean up. Works in cafeteria, serving snacks and drinks through out the day. Handles monies.
* Judges' Lunch: Prepares and serves lunch for judges.
* Directors' Lunch: Prepares and serves lunch for directors.
If you have questions about the event please contact Todd or Rebecca Yoby at [email protected]
Thank you for your willingness to help support Solo and Ensemble!