Canyon Grove Academy
Dear CGA DE Parents,
My name is Worthy Lee. I'm the CGA DE PTO President. I need your help!
There are several location dependent events coming up that will require local input. I need a team of people in each Epic Day location to make sure they go smoothly. You're welcome to help in one, some, or all of these events.
To join, please sign up below. I've ordered the events based on the month the event takes place as well as the Epic Day Location.
Please make sure to use an email address that you check.
1) March Event: Pennies for Patients (3/12 to 3/30)
Total Time Committment: Between 10 to 30 mins/week for 3 weeks depending on how many volunteers I get; can do this at home
- Raise funds to support blood cancer research.
- The entire school is participating. The classroom that raises the most money gets a party sponsored by Olive Garden.
- I will have the ES and the classroom teachers count the money that comes in.
- I need at least one person in charge of updating the poster of how much money has been raised for each class and then sharing a picture of it with the parents of that location. Ideally, there's a volunteer for each class, which will drop the weekly commitment time from 30 mins to 10 mins.
2) April Event: Donation Drive
Total Time Committment: About 2 to 3 hours total (less if there are lots of volunteers); will need to go to Epic Day location to assemble kits
- Work with Donation Committee to set a date/time for your location to assemble Emergency Disaster Kits. This team will be in charge of making sure these kits are assembled.
3) May Event: Teacher Appreciation Day ( Week of 5/7 to 5/10)
Total Time Committment: About 2 to 3 hours total (less if there are lots of volunteers); will need to go to the Epic Day location
- Put together an event honoring the teachers at your Epic Day location.
- I will have a separate team as well in planning something for the staff that work behind the scenes at CGA
4) May Event: Field Day (Most likely the last day of Epic Day)
Total Time Committment: About 2 to 3 hours total (less if there are lots of volunteers); will need to go to the Field Day location
- Put together a Field Day/Last Day of School party for your location.
5) May Event for PG locations only: Uniform Swap (Most likely the last week of School)
Total Time Committment: About 2 to 3 hours total (less if there are lots of volunteers); will need to go to the Main Campus for the Uniform Swap
- Put together a Uniform Swap/Fundraiser so the kids who wear uniforms will have well fitted clothes next school year.