This sign up contains A LOT of information that should help answer many questions, requirements and directions. Please read the sign up in its entirety. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering 19 merit badges and 1 "mop up" session this year. Please click on the SIGN UP button for each merit badge class that you would like to take. You can only take one class per time slot. Also, be sure to sign up for all parts of a multi-part class (such as eagle requirement merit badges). All-day merit badges are listed first followed by 1/2 day merit badges, so check the entire list for advancement possibilities! In addition to signing up below for your classes, if you have not done so already...please go to the Troop website and register to attend this event. The link should be on the right-hand side of the home page.
Make sure to sign up & pay for camp out here.
To See a Schedule of Merit Badges, click here.
Here is the main list of merit badges being offered at Winter Camp
FOR NEWER SCOUTS:
Trail To First Class: These sessions are designed to meet your Boy Scout where they are in their rank advancement (Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class, First Class). The focus of the session will be to work on the requirement necessary for your scout to advance toward their next rank.
These sessions are being offered on an 'as needed' basis. Please feel free to choose Saturday, Sunday or both sessions depending upon how much you would like to get accomplished.
MERIT BADGES OPEN TO ALL SCOUTS:
- Movie Making
- Reptiles and Amphibian Studies
Regular Mop Up Sessions: (short session) This is open for your scout to complete their open requirements for existing merit badges.
NOTE: Due to winter weather and facility limitations many of the outdoor merit badges, including rifle shooting, swimming, motorboating, shotgun shooting, whitewater some parts of the open requirement will not be able to be completed at winter camp. Please be sure to have your scout review what is open from summer camp. If they do not know, please contact Mr. Phillips to obtain blue card.
If you sign up for a mop up session, please include the name(s) of the merit badge(s) you need help with in the "Comment" field so that we can attempt to have the appropriate counselors available. Mop up sessions are ONLY for merit badges that you have already started.
OLDER SCOUTS / EAGLE REQUIREMENTS: (recommended for scouts who have achieved First Class or higher). These merit badge classes make a great head start toward completion, but will require the scouts to complete some of the requirements after winter camp and coordinate with the merit badge counselors for completion.
- Troop Leadership Training - you must be First Class rank. This class or Oak Leaf training (NYLT) from the district/council is required in order to run for a leadership position in the Troop. You do not need to sign up for more than one session. Please choose either the Saturday or Sunday session but not both. If you have had NYLT training, you do not need this class.
- Sustainability: (Merit Badge offered over 2 sessions, must sign up for both)
- Cooking: (Merit Badge offered over 2 sessions, must sign up for both), you must be First Class rank.
- Personal Management: (Merit Badge offered over 2 sessions, must sign up for both) mature scouts
- First Aid: (Merit Badge offered over 2 sessions, must sign up for both) For First Aid, you must read the merit badge book before Winter Camp.
- Family Life: (1 session)
- Citizenship in the World: (1 Session)
- Camping: (Merit Badge offered over 2 sessions, must sign up for both)
Please note the following:
- FOR ALL MERIT BADGES: PLEASE BRING YOUR MERIT BADGE BOOKLET WITH YOU TO CAMP. For the merit badges being offered, I have created a dropbox of the merit badge pamphlets and worksheets, you can download them here.
The total number of seats available for each class is shown in parentheses. Once a merit badge class is full, the sign up button will disappear. At the discretion of the merit badge counselor, additional spots may be added upon request. Please send an e-mail to Mrs. Hassler ([email protected]) to ask about attending a class that is already full.
We are asking for your e-mail address to ensure that we have the most recent one on file, and so that we can communicate with you prior to the camp out. Please note that Sign Up Genius will not sell your e-mail address or use it for any other purpose.
If you did not create a Sign Up Genius account and you want to change or remove your merit badge class, e-mail us by clicking on the envelope link to the right of "Created by" below and we will do it for you.
|| Troop 1001 Winter Camp