MBS Cafeteria Volunteers
Welcome MBS Cafeteria Volunteers!
Thank you for volunteering to serve in the MBS cafeteria. My name is Allison Toups and I will be the committee chairperson for cafeteria volunteers this year. The cafeteria is a busy place and depends on the volunteers to help lunchtime run smoothy. Our goal is to have 2 volunteers each day. Our volunteers must be an MBS parent or adult family member. Your cafeteria volunteer hours count toward the 30 time and talent hours required per family. You will enjoy the children's smiling faces, and MBS appreciates you bunches - for helping with the lunches!!
CHILD PROTECTION CERTIFICATION MUST BE COMPLETED TO VOLUNTEER
Office of Child Protection
According to the Safe Environment Policy mandated by the Diocese of Baton Rouge, all school ministry volunteers/chaperones must complete a mandatory background check and child protection training.
Ø Child Protection credentials allow the holder of these credentials the opportunity to volunteer at MBS School.
Ø All potential chaperones /volunteers must complete and submit the MBS School Chaperone/Volunteer Requirements Agreement and abide by the sign-up and deadline confirmation process for each field trip/event.
Ø All chaperones/volunteers must have received child protection credentials prior to the date of service.
Please note the following:
1. MBS School child protection requirements are not the same as MBS Parish. Therefore if you are compliant for the Parish, you are not automatically compliant for the School, and vice versa.
2. It is important to remember the paperwork is time sensitive.
3. If you began the process and did not complete all the steps in a timely manner, you may have to resubmit the paperwork.
4. Many files have been archived due to inactivity, and/or files not being updated.
Call Mrs. Landry at 225-753-5526 or email [email protected] for assistance.
Reminders for Cafeteria Volunteers
1. Please do not bring siblings.
2. Closed toe, non-skid shoes are highly recommended
3. Sign in at school front office and obtain "Visitor" badge
4. Arrive at Cafeteria for 10:15 am & check in with Ms. Rose (Cafeteria Manager) for instructions and review of hygiene regulations
5. Wear hair net (provided in cafeteria) or cap/visor (bring your own) with hair pulled up off of shoulders
6. Wear apron (bring your own or use disposable plastic aprons provided in cafeteria
7. Wash hands & put on gloves (provided in cafeteria)
If for some reason you are unable to fulfill a sign up, please try to find a replacement, and/or notify Allison Toups 225-620-2770, or [email protected]
|| Allison Toups