Passport to the World is one of Vanderlyn's most cherished evenings. Families come together to celebrate and educate each other on the diverse cultures and traditions within our Vanderlyn community. Tourists (staff, students, and parents) travel the world to various countries (exhibits) to learn about the history, food, customs, demographics, and fun facts of each.
This event cannot happen without volunteers. We are looking for:
- Tent Donations: Do you have an EZ up 10x10 canopy tent we can borrow? Tents would need to be at Vanderlyn by 2:30 on October 24 and can be picked up that night following the event (7pm) or the next day.
- Country Exhibit Hosts: Are you from, have lived in, or passionate about another country? We need families (or groups of families) to host the countries' exhibits. Our goal is that Vanderlyn travelers will be able to see the flag and location of the country, learn a little about the history, customs, and people there, and possibly have a small taste of typical or traditional food to the country. Booths can also provide coloring pages and small souvenirs. PLEASE INDICATE YOUR COUNTRY IN THE COMMENTS
- Welcome Table: Hand out passports and bags to travelers as they come in.
- Set up crew: Help us set up tables and tents and get things ready for country exhibits. 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Clean up crew: Help us take down tents and tables and clean up. 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Questions or comments? Feel free to contact us!
Meredith Brohm [email protected]
Smaro Economy [email protected]
Andrea Veles-Greene [email protected]
Vanderlyn Bus Loop
|| Meredith Brohm