Big Noise Theatre
Big Noise Theatre of Des Plaines, IL is currently conducting interviews for directors for our 2019/2020 season. The season includes XANADU (September 20th-October 6th), PETER AND THE STARCATCHER (January 10th-January 26th), and INTO THE WOODS (April 24th-May 10th). Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Applicants who are interested in interviewing must exhibit the following skills and experience:
- Willingness to collaborate with artistic staff and members of the Big Noise board
- Uphold the artistic integrity and vision of the show and of the company
- Maintain our company vision to produce high-quality shows that stretch the creative talents of our actors and staff and surpass the expectations of our audience.
- Keeping within budgetary guidelines communicated from financial staff
- Possess a high level of initiative, professionalism, and organization time management skills to utilize rehearsal and tech week rehearsal calendars appropriately and efficiently
- Professionalism and respect when engaging with actors, staff, and audiences
- Reliable transportation to and from rehearsals and tech week rehearsals located in Des Plaines, IL
Candidates who are interested in directing will need to interview with our hiring committee. Please come prepared to pitch your vision of the show you are interested in directing and prepared to answer general interview questions from our hiring committee. You can request a slot below. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate emailing us at [email protected]
Big Noise Theatre does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit of the applicant.
5001 W. Dempster Street, Skokie, IL 60077
|| Travis Monroe Neese