2019 MLK Day of Service
On Monday, January 21st, 2019, BPS students of all ages and their families will come together for our 4th annual MLK Day of Service. Our DAY ON, DAY ONE will be a celebration of all that service learning means and is - a chance for us to spend our Day ON serving others, and a chance for it to be our DAY ONE in a yearlong goal to be of service to others.
This year our Day of Service will be even bigger than before. We have a variety of projects from which to choose. ELEMENTARY STUDENTS are welcome to participate in all of the following projects BUT MAY NOT BE DROPPED OFF. They must remain in the care of the adult that brought them to our Day of Service. Responsible Middle Schoolers may be dropped off, but please be aware that with our larger event this year, some rooms will most likely finish earlier than others. A dropped off middle school student must be able to be picked up when their project is complete. Here is our list of projects for this year:
- DRAW (Disaster Relief at Work): Volunteers at this project will sort and pack up buckets for the victims of natural disasters. This project is perfect for teams to do together.
- Animal Care: Volunteers will make toys and blankets for animals in animal shelters
- Blessing Bags: Volunteers will sort and pack blessing bags for the homeless
- Art Projects: Volunteers will stuff craft bags for Arts and Scraps and make games for hospitalized children
- High School students have additional service opportunities to help us run this very large day of service.
Volunteer Sign In/Registration begins at 9am in the auditorium lobby at Groves, followed by a short program from 9:30-10am. Our service projects will begin at 10am and conclude by 12pm.
NEW THIS YEAR: Bring a donation for a local food pantry! We are collecting pasta, spaghetti sauce, peanut/nut butter, jelly, canned tuna or chicken, and granola bars. NO GLASS JARS PLEASE
9:00am - 12:00pm EST
Wylie E. Groves High School
20500 W 13 Mile Rd, Beverly Hills, MI 48025