SWES Spirit Rock
Anyone can be a “Rock” Star!
Do you want to do something special for your child, recognizing a special occasion or accomplishment? You can tell them how proud you are by painting it on the Spirit Rock for everyone in the school to see.
Once you have signed up for a date, use the links listed below to pay for the painting of the Spirit Rock. Then, please refer to the Policies and Procedures listed below for details regarding the painting of the Spirit Rock.
Links for payment:
Pay for one night: https://swe.memberhub.store/shopping/items/42167
Pay for two nights: https://swe.memberhub.store/shopping/items/89856
Policies and Procedures:
1. Sign ups are for 24 hour periods from 4pm to 4 pm.
2. The cost is $10 plus fees per day with a Max of 2 days. You pay online using the links above.
3. Payment must be received within 24 hours.
4. SWES PTA reserves the right to block days for school use.
5. Families must furnish their own labor, paint and supplies. Wear old clothes!!! Only the rock can be painted!! No paint may be applied to the ground. It is a health hazard and EPA violation to paint the grass or ground with paint. Please take care not to damage the surrounding area and pick up all trash after painting. Be kind to the environment and recycle your paint cans.
6. Oil based paint only!!! The best paint to use is spray paint. You will probably need 2-3 cans of spray paint for a base color to cover the rock. Premium brands works best (Rustoleum, etc.) vs. generic store brands. The quantity needed will depend on the color you are using, the existing color of the rock you are covering and weather conditions. For more detailed areas, use a can or tube of oil based paint and a paintbrush. Make sure to bring paper towels to wipe up any drips, a cup to put brushes in while you paint if using paintbrushes and some sort of trashbag or tarp to protect the grass when using spray paint. Wearing rubber gloves will help keep your hands clean. There are excellent youtube videos that have fun ideas for painting The Spirit Rock.
7. If the rock is painted over by someone not on the sign-up, it is not the PTA or school's responsibility. NO profane words, symbols, or any derogatory language, offensive or political messages will be permitted on SWES' Spirit Rock. SWES PTA reserves the right to remove any content, language or message from the SWES Spirit Rock that is deemed inappropriate.
8. The family painting the rock assumes liability for any member or individual of the group that may be injured, or who may incur clothing or personal property damage.
9. No refunds will be issued in the case of bad weather. If wet, the rock can be towel-dried before painting and the paint will adhere either in the rain or snow.
The SWES Spirit Rock runs on the Honor Code with the hopes that everyone will respect these guidelines. All money raised from painting of the SWES Spirit Rock will go towards supporting the PTA programs at Southwest Elementary School.
DISCLAIMER: By signing up to paint the SWES Spirit Rock you are agreeing to adhere to the policies and procedures #1-9 listed above. If the above policies and procedures are not complied with, particiant will lose the ability to paint the Spirit Rock in the future.
|| Crystal Lineberry