Whitney Young Volunteers
It's AP Testing time again!
The Counseling Department is looking for volunteers to assist/proctor the 2018 AP Exams. Whitney Young will be testing for a period of two weeks beginning on Monday, May 7 and ending on Friday, May 18 with a exam make-up date TBD. (See schedule below.) Room locations will be updated closer to the test date.
Given the limited funds available to CPS, the Counseling Office is making every effort to use parent volunteers when possible. If you have time in your schedule or can spare a day or two off of work, please join me and help WY.
Morning exams begin at 8am with an organizational meeting at 7:30am including Volunteer Proctors. Afternoon exams begin at noon with an organizational meeting at 11:30am including Volunteer Proctors.
Proctors will assist the counselor who is leading the exam and typically are asked to: hand things out, collect materials, help count materials and walk around during the test to monitor student progress.
Proctors may bring:
- drinks and if needed, snacks - please use good judgment about not making noise or spilling on materials
- phone/electronics, but all noise must be silenced.
- books, knitting, etc - there might be some down time
Thank you in advance for your time and support!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me,
AP Exam Volunteer Proctors please:
• Plan to arrive 10 minutes before your designated time - (7:20 & 11:20).
• Allow time for parking.
• Do not proctor an exam your child is taking.
|| Whitney Young Volunteers - Patty Andrade