Thank you for your interest in joining Northwest Girlchoir! Please sign up below to secure an audition time with our Artistic Director, Sara Boos.
If there are no open spots available below or you are not able to make any of the available times, please contact us at [email protected] to set up an alternative audition time.
North Seattle Church
- Auditions are for girls in 3rd-11th grade in the 2019-2020 school year.
- The 25-minute audition is fun and educational! Northwest Girlchoir Artistic Director Sara Boos will check your daughter’s voice quality, listening skills, and musical aptitude by leading her through various musical exercises. She will assess your daughter’s ability to focus and take direction, her interest in learning new things, her kind/positive character, and her potential for working well in a group. Prospective choristers 6th grade and older should have some basic music (rhythm and pitch) reading skills. For middle and high school singers, knowledge of solfege syllables and experience reading a music score and singing in a choir are preferred.
- The prospective chorister should prepare one short, non-"pop/Broadway" song to sing without accompaniment (e.g. "America the Beautiful," "Amazing Grace," a simple folk song or hymn, or a song from a school choir or voice lessons).
- A $10 non-refundable audition fee will be charged when you sign up for an audition time below.
- Parents are asked to sit in on the auditions.
- Auditions take place at our office/rehearsal space: 2150 N. 122nd St., Seattle, WA 98133 (North Seattle Church). Enter through the Northwest Girlchoir office door, just south of the church East Entry doors.
- Questions? Contact the Northwest Girlchoir office at [email protected] or 206-527-2900.
- For more information on our choir programs, visit us online at www.northwestgirlchoir.org.
2150 N 122nd St, Seattle, WA 98133
|| Northwest Girlchoir