Thank you for your interest in joining Northwest Girlchoir! Please sign up below to secure an audition time with our Artistic Director, Sara Boos. *Prior year choristers who took time off from NWGC due to Covid-19 do NOT need to audition.
- Auditions are for girls in 5th-12th grade in the 2021-2022 school year.
- The 15 minute audition is fun and educational! Northwest Girlchoir Artistic Director Sara Boos will check your daughter’s voice quality, listening skills, and musical aptitude by leading her through various musical exercises. She will assess your daughter’s ability to focus and take direction, her interest in learning new things, her kind/positive character, and her potential for working well in a group. Prospective choristers 6th grade and older should have some basic music (rhythm and pitch) reading skills. For middle/high school singers, knowledge of solfege syllables and experience reading a choral music score are preferred. 9th-12th graders should also have experience singing in a choir.
- Please prepare a song to sing without accompaniment that allows you to sing in a simple style, without pop/Broadway styling. Some good song choices include: a simple folk song; Twinkle Twinkle; Lift Every Voice and Sing; a song from school choir; or a song from voice lessons.
- Parents are asked to sit in on the auditions.
- Auditions take place virtually via Zoom. You will receive a link to join the audition.
- If there are no open spots available below, of if you would like to schedule a different day/time, please contact Ann at [email protected]
- For more information on our choir programs, visit us online at www.northwestgirlchoir.org
|| Northwest Girlchoir