Lunch Bunch 2018-19
Thank you for volunteering your time to help with lunch bunch!! Your time is valuable to a successful school day at Vanderlyn!
Student Lunch Times:
- Pre-K - 10:25 - 10:55
- Kindergarten - 10:28 - 11:13
- 1st Grade - 10:46 - 11:34
- 4th Grade - 11:16 - 11:55
- 2nd Grade - 11:31 - 12:16
- 5th Grade - 11:51 - 12:37
- 3rd Grade - 12:10 - 12:49
You can find a shift below which corresponds to when your child is having lunch. Please take note those shifts which are empty or only have one volunteer because these are the areas of greatest need! We would love to see all shifts filled. Thank you!
- Please refrain from taking pictures and posting on social media as other parents may not feel comfortable with pictures of their children being shared in this way! Thank you!!
- Please do not engage in chatting/conferencing with faculty/teachers during your volunteer shift in the cafeteria. It can become unsafe and unruly in the cafeteria very quickly when our volunteer's attention is off of the children, so please focus on them and their needs.
The following are a few notes and guidelines for helping out in the cafeteria:
- You will find the aprons to wear in the cafeteria, hanging on the wall.
- When you get to the cafeteria, please fill your apron with napkins, utensils, and straws, as needed.
- Always use scissors to open condiments / Go-Gurts.
- If a child asks for ketchup, the child must get the ketchup themselves. There is a limit on the number of ketchups a child can have.
- If a child asks for any other condiments (except ketchup) to accompany his or her lunch, please either send the child to get these themselves or only bring back exactly what he or she has requested. Condiments that remain in the aprons can spoil and result in food illnesses.
- If a child needs to use the restroom, please direct the child to a staff member for permission.
- If a child loses a tooth during lunch or is bleeding/sick, please direct the child to a staff member for permission to visit the nurse.
- Please clean scissors after your shift. Disinfecting wipes are located by the aprons and labeled "Lunch Bunch" are to be used for this purpose
- If you are unable to fill your time slot, delete yourself and, if possible, find a substitute.
Lindsay Malenke & Kim Wolfe (Lunch Bunch Co-Chairs)
|| Lindsay Malenke