SPHS Music Boosters
The 2018 Pasadena Showcase House of Design will be open to the public April 22 - May 20, 2018. Check out their website : https://www.pasadenashowcase.org/#
The SPHS Music Program benefits from the grants provided by the Pasadena Showcae House for the Arts (PSHA), and the Music Boosters are asked to help staff the event. PSHA needs volunteers to serve as docents at various positions in the house and on the grounds. It's fun to be part of this beautifully remodeled house, and the Music Boosters get $40 for every shift worked.
(Note - Sign up now, and slots will be confirmed via emails on March 1, 2018)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday (2 slots) : 10:00 am - 1:00 pm; 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Thursday & Friday (3 slots) : 10:00 - 1:00 pm; 1:00 - 5:00 pm; & 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Closed on Mondays
Read this before you sign up :
1. The minimum age for volunteers is 18 years of age. Please sign up one name per slot. Each slot earns Music Boosters $40.
2. You may request up to 4 shifts, but not guaranteed. No back-to-back signup on the same day. Confirmation from Sign Up Genius is only to acknowledge your signup here. You will get an email (after March 1) from [email protected] which shifts you're actually working. Leave a comment if you have specific preferences. If you sign up by Feb 28, we can most likely guarantee your preferred time slot(s). Do continue to sign up all the way up to April 22. The signup is fluid and gets updated every 24-48 hrs. So check back often.
3. You're required to stand for the entire shift (new this year : 3 hr shift - no breaks; 4 hr shift - 10 minute break). Sitting is not allowed. Time goes by rather quickly, especially if you enjoy home decorations and architecture ideas.
4. There is no parking in the neighborhood of the Showcase house. You must take the free shuttle from the Santa Anita Racetrack in Arcadia, at Gate 6, off of Colorado Place. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time. The shuttle takes 15-20 minutes and you must check in at the Staffing office about 20 minutes before your shift. Please don't be late.
5. Once you get there, the Staffing Office (office is south of garage this year) will assign you to one location for your entire shift - it may be inside or outside, and it's first come first served. Your primary responsibility is for the safety of the guests and to keep the foot traffic flowing.
6. Detailed info will be forwarded once your time slots are confirmed with the PSHA. Dress code is professional or business attire, as you are representing the Showcase House.
You earn one free ticket if you work 2 shifts - so you can come back and enjoy a tour of the house at your leisure, but note that complimentary tickets have limitations on dates and times for entry. You may also purchase discount tickets ($30 each) if you work a shift - these tickets can be picked up at Will Call at the Showcase House ticket booth, under your name. Just email us if you'd like to purchase any discount tickets.
Email [email protected] if you have any questions. Thank you for signing up!
Please submit 1 name per slot. If you are also signing up for other people, please add their name in a separate slot. We need the names of all the volunteers. Email address is important : reminders are sent via emails.
|| SPHS Music Boosters