The Pearsontown PTA Beautification Committee invites you and your whole family to do a little fall cleaning at Pearsontown! We'll divide into teams as we take on improving our school. We'd love for you to stay the entire time, but we appreciate ANY time you can give. We're also kicking off our ColorCycle Marker Recycling Program Bring in your used-up markers and let's see how many we can collect!
- Plant pollinator plants donated by Keep Durham Beautiful - kids only!
- Plant daffodil bulbs
- Plant shrubs in front of the media center
- Mulch entrance garden and refresh pebble path
- Carpentry repair work on the raised beds of the school teaching garden
- Collect trash from campus
- Kids's Beautification Project! We will have rocks for the kids to paint and hide or take home.
The day of the event check in near the main entrance of the school to learn where the teams are working. We appreciate Keep Durham Beautiful for supplying us with tools and trash collection items, but please consider bringing with you: hat/sun protection, sunscreen, work gloves.
To promote environmental stewardship we encourage you to bring reusable drinking containers for water and coffee. We'll have coffee and some snacks to keep us going.
Can't make it, but still want to support our efforts?
- Fuel our volunteers' efforts by donating food items. Sign up below.
- We would also appreciate item donations from our Wish List.
- Or help fund our future projects with monetary donations to the PTA and be SURE to note on the check out page your donation is for the Beautification Committee.
Thank you all for helping make Pearsontown a great place to be!
Questions? Contact Olivia Brakenbury, Chair, Pearsontown PTA Beautification Committee
9:00am - 12:00pm EST
Pearsontown Elementary School, 4915 Barbee Road Durham, NC 27713
|| Olivia Brakenbury