This program is offered to our school through the Springfield Art Association (SAA). It is designed to expose students to many different forms of art/artists. Art Outreach relies on our parents to volunteer to go into our classrooms and teach the monthly Art Outreach program. Parents are assigned their child's homeroom class.
- Monthly portfolios include: prints, photography, and 3-D art. The collections span the length of time, from cave drawings to the present day.
- Portfolios are centered around a particular artist, style, or time period.
- Portfolios include an information packet on the background of the artist and artwork, style/time period of the art, questions to ask the children about the artwork, and some may also include an art activity.
- The program is designed to present the artwork in a 30 min. Following the presentation there is an optional art project, some materials can be checked out and other materials will need to be purchased by the volunteer.
- The links on the Art Outreach page has schedules, ideas for projects and a list of art supplies that are available to volunteers