St. Philip Lutheran Church
There's a role for everyone during worship at St. Philip! How can you serve?
- Ushers (2): Welcome people as they arrive, and make sure everyone has a bulletin (or any other item(s) needed for worship that day). Greet visitors, answer any questions they may have, and help orient them to our building (restrooms, coat room, Joyful Noise Room, etc.). Make sure altar and ambo candles are lit before the service starts and extinguished at the end of the service during the closing hymn, and assist with helping people to the altar for communion. (In the absence of an assisting minister, one usher also helps with the distribution of communion.)
- Reader: Read the first and second readings, and occasionally the psalm (when spoken). (In the absence of an assisting minster, the reader also reads the prayers of intercession, prayer after communion, and dismissal [but does not need to do any other assisting minister duties].)
- Assisting Minister: Read the prayers of intercession, prayer after communion, and dismissal. Hold the leader's binder for the presiding minister during the gathering, greeting, prayer of the day, and other times as needed. Assist with the distribution of communion.
- Communion Assistant: Assist with the distribution of communion, alongside the presiding minister and assisting minister.
- Sacristan: Set up for communion before the service, and clean up afterwards. Top off the altar and ambo candles with oil as needed.
- Bread Baker: Bake a loaf of bread for communion. A simple recipe can be provided, or you can use your own.
Use the form below to sign up to serve as a worship volunteer. A reminder will be sent to you a few days before you are scheduled to serve. Training can also be provided. Please contact Pastor Josh Evans ([email protected]) if you have any questions.
|| Pastor Josh Evans