Free tax preparation and electronic filing for taxpayers who have the income of $57,000 and below. This is a free tax preparation program for taxpayers who meet a certain income requirement. The program by the name of VITA, Volunteer income Tax Assistance, is an IRS approved program that allows qualifying taxpayers to have their tax returns prepared and filed free by an IRS certified volunteer.
This year the sites will be 100% contactless virtual. You will not need to go to a site this year for your tax preparation. The change is due to the safety of our staff, volunteers and taxpayers during the COVID-19 pandemic. You will need to gather information for the virtual appointment in order to scan and send into the secured email system that Community Link is using. You can use Adobe scan which is a free app on your smartphone.
Please have these documents ready and scanned 24 hours before your scheduled appointment:
- Picture ID for both taxpayer and spouse, if married filing joint return.
- Married filing Joint Return: both individuals must be present to complete the return
- Social Security cards /or ITIN cards for taxpayer, spouse and all dependents listed on the return
- All income statements: W-2, and 1099, 1099-R, SS Benefits Statement and other sources of income
- Schedule C (Self Employed) taxpayers please have all mileage, income and expenses tabulated prior to your appointment
- Identification number and amount paid for childcare provider
- 1098 –T tuition statement for college and technical school students
- Forms 1095-A Affordable Health Care Statements (Market Place)
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Know the amount received from the Economic Impact Payment
You will need a valid email address, to access Zoom or a Smart phone with video conferencing capabilities in order to complete the tax return process.