The Unforgotten Haven
Thanks for signing-up to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the homeless. Please follow the instructions below. If you have questions or need to change the delivery time, please message us on Facebook or via email ([email protected])
- You may use any type of peanut butter, jelly or bread.
- Put peanut butter on both sides of the bread so the jelly doesn't make the bread soggy.
- Put the finished sandwiches inside a plastic sandwich bag to keep them fresh.
- If possible, include a snack such as: peanut butter crackers, breakfast bar, chips, granola bar.
- Pack the sandwiches and snacks in brown paper bags. If possible, decorate the bags with inspirational messages. (It really brightens someones' day!
- If you want to add bottled water or juice boxes, feel free. However, please do not put these items in the bags as they smash the sandwiches. Provide the drinks separately.
- Please take pictures and send them to us via a message on our Facebook page so we can post them with a thank you. If children are participating, get permission for us to use their photo.
- All lunches should be made on Friday and delivered to us on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. so we can get them out to The Homeless Outreach Initiative to be distributed right away.
- When complete, please put in trash bags or resusable bags to deliver to us. Please don't use boxes as they are hard for us to break down and it creates so much trash.
NOTE: We cannot give you an estimate on how much bread, peanut butter and jelly will be needed as it all comes in different sizes and each person uses different amounts.
|| Michele Gambone