Scout Parents 2019-2020 (Primary POC)
Get ready for CAMP!!!
>> NOTE: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED <<
All Hong Kong Pack 1 Cub Scouts and an accompanying parent are invited to Pack 1's fall campout November 2-3, 2019. The campout will be organized by outside provider Treasure Island Group (http://www.treasureislandhk.com/education/primary-school-camps). Lots of important material covered below, please read thoroughly.
When: Saturday AM, November 2 - Sunday PM, November 3, 2019
Where: Pui O Beach and Private Campsite, Lantau Island
Who: Cub Scouts and accompanying parent (mom or dad is welcome)
Transportation: Meet at HKIS Church of All Nations/Repulse Bay at 8:15am on Saturday, November 2 for 1-hour bus transportation to Pui O (expense covered by Pack 1). Buses will return to HKIS/CAN by 5:00pm on Sunday, November 3.
Cost: $1,800 per scout and $860 per accompanying adult (1 scout + 1 adult = $2,680).
Deadline to sign up: Saturday, October 26, 2019
TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Enroll on Signup Genius
- Send check payable to "Cub Scouts of America Pack 1". Include your child's name and den # on the cheque. One cheque per parent and child combination ($1,800/scout, $860/parent).
- Checks should be mailed to: Lillian Yang, C5, 3/F, Block C, South Bay Villa, Repulse Bay.
- All parents need to complete Youth Protection Training http://bit.ly/2ofoKuu (~35 mins to take, requires MyScouting account signup) and email the completion certificate to Pack 1 registrar Elaine Lee [email protected] YPT is good for 2 years once completed. Important and worthwhile!
- Fill out two waivers at TIG website: one for Student, one for adult (adult fills out staff/teacher form). On pull-down menu select Cub Scouts as group.
Note: Confidential scholarships are available. Please contact Pack Committee at [email protected] to apply. We want every scout to be able to attend, regardless of payment ability.
- Tents are provided by Treasure Island (2-3 person tent size). No need to bring your own.
- Bring other camping equipment: See below for the full packing list. Don't have gear? Ask friends to borrow or purchase your own for a reasonable price at RC Outfitters in Causeway Bay.
- All meals and snacks will be provided. Please inform us of any dietary needs. Please do not bring any food to camp due to wild animals.
Please note the following:
- Each scout must have an attending parent. No unaccompanied scouts. No siblings.
- NO ELECTRONICS (of any sort) for the scouts!!
- Moms or Dads welcome.
- You must have submitted your Adult Youth Protection Training certificate before you can come to camp!
- No cancelations after Oct 28 - No-shows will still have to pay the full amount.
Both Scout and accompanying parent should come dressed in their scout T-shirts; scouts should wear the scout caps.
Large backpack (40 liter) to carry all your gear. If you cannot bring a backpack a duffel bag that is comfortable to carry can be used. A bag with wheels should be avoided if possible. The trek to the campsite from bus drop-off is ~300 meters/5 minutes.
Small backpack (20-30 liter -school bag size with padded shoulder straps) to carry water bottle, jacket, hat, etc. during the day
Water bottle of at least 1 liter capacity - filled with water!
Sun hat (AND wooly hat if weather is colder) essential personal protection from the sun and cold
Sunscreen (waterproof and sweat-proof w/ SPF 15 or higher is best)
Sleeping bag - You will be sleeping in a tent
Sleeping mat or pad for inside the tent (the campsite has thin mats if you need one)
Training or running shoes for general activities
1 pairs long pants (trousers) - lightweight trousers or tracksuit pants are best (not jeans)
Swim shorts, closed toe water shoes (must wear on beach and in ocean), swim shirt, towel for beach activities
Weather appropriate clothing (long pants, shorts, short-sleeve and long-sleeve tops)
Warm fleece or sweater for night campfire
Lightweight waterproof jacket
Towel for shower (lightweight & small size)
Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, etc. - avoid perfumed items as they attract animals)
Any personal medication
Headlight (it's best as it keeps your hand free) / Torch / flashlight w/ extra batteries
Clothes dry bags or plastic bag for separating clean and wet/dirty clothes
Poncho - non-disposable (optional, check the weather forecast)
Tentative Schedule of Events (THIS SECTION TO BE UPDATED)
DAY 1 - SATURDAY, November 2, 2019
8:15 Meet at HKIS Church of All Nations (Repulse Bay) for Check In
8:30 Depart HKIS UP by Private Coach
9:45 Arrive Pui O Beach Treasure Island - Walk down road to campsite
10:00 Welcome and staff introduction/Orientation
10:30 Camp Grouping, Tent Setup & Snack
11:00-12:30 Activity 1: [Rotation] Tigers: Game of Life/Eco ScavengerWolvesSurvivor Skills & Orienteering/Tracking / Bears: Gorging and Waterfalls / Webelos: Coasteering + Rocky Shore Habitats
12:30-1:30 LUNCH Hot lunch Buffet then beach free play
1:30-3:00 Activity 2: [Rotation] Tigers: Buffalo & Farm Tour and Bokashi Composting / Wolves: Bamboo Raft Building & Knots / Bears: Survivor Skills & Orienteering/Tracking / Webelos: Gorging and Waterfalls
3:00 SNACK Snack Break
3:30-5:00 Activity 3 [Rotation] Tigers: Survivor Skills & Orienteering /Tracking / Wolves: Gorging and Waterfalls / Bears: Coasteering + Rocky Shore Habitats / Webelos: Bamboo Raft Building & Knots
5:00-6:00 SHOWER Free time supervised by Leaders/tents/showers
6:00 DINNER BBQ Dinner & Beach Campfire with S'mores
CAMPFIRE Songs, Skits, Campfire Games
8:30 LIGHTS OUT Bedtime & lights out
DAY 2 - SUNDAY, November 3, 2019
7:00 BREAKFAST Rise & Shine / Hot Breakfast Buffet
8:00 HIKE Lantau Hike - Pui O /Nam Sham / Chi Ma Wan
12:00 LUNCH Picnic Sandwich Lunch
1:00 Activity 4: Beach Olympics & Adventure Challenge (Surf & SU Paddle / Orienteering / Beach Run/Puzzles)
3:00 PACK Take Down Tents - Pack up - Prepare to leave
4:00 DEPART Coaches depart Pui O for HKIS
5:00 ARRIVE Arrive HKIS
SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS
>>> When signing up, be sure to click the first checkbox "Display an alternate name" then enter your scout's name in those fields.
In the primary input field write your name plus your scout's den rank and number.
Example: Robert Chan, Tiger 5
When complete, then signup should display your scout's name first, then below it your name and the den rank and number.
Thank you for your attention to detail!
Pui O Beach & Campsite, Mui Wo, Lantau Island, HK
|| Cub Scouts Pack 1 Hong Kong