Scout Parents 2019-2020 (Primary POC)
During HKIS parent-teacher conferences on Thursday and Friday, November 7-8, Pack 1 will host a bake sale to raise funds for the pack and, most of all, to give our scouts experience in marketing and selling.
Each den is required to have *at least* two scouts participate by signing up for a one-hour slot. Slot may have scouts from different dens. We will have two contiguous tables on Thurdsay (up to 4 scouts per time slot) and one table on Friday (up to 3 scouts).
Each den needs to provide baked goods per below so there are plenty of items to sell. Muffins are great for morning sales, rice krispy treats and cookies great for the afternoon, and cups of fruit good all day.
Thursday all day and Friday until noon are the busiest times so please prioritize those slots.
All participating scouts will receive a patch to put on their red vests.
When: Thursday, Nov 7 and Friday, Nov 8
Where: HKIS Church of All Nations foyer, across from the UP/LP bridge
How: Please read the following carefully for instructions:
- Sign up by den for one or more time slots (each time slot is one hour). ONLY If all time slots are full, tag along with one of the other dens. ALL DENS MUST PARTICIPATE.
- One adult leader from each den must be present to supervise and help their scouts.
- Boys should be in their full Class A Cub Scout uniform.
- The first group signed up should set up the table bring money box, cash float and paper napkins. First group should arrive 15 minutes early to set-up.
- The last group should arrange to hand over the day's proceeds to Lillian Yang @ [email protected] / 9826-2886 (Treasurer) to deposit.
Items for Sale. Here's what to sell and how:
- Suitable items for sale are home baked goods (cookies, brownies, cupcakes, bars). Other items that prove popular are popcorn, fruit, lemonade. Bought goods ok (if necessary) but home baked preferred.
- ABSOLUTELY NO NUT INGREDIENTS
- Pre-package items in sets of two cookies per bag or one brownie/bar.
- Mark HK$10-20 each packet (depending on the size of the item).
- Consider bringing baskets to do roaming sales or for display on the table (write your name & phone on the bottom to ensure its return if desired).
- Lemonade may also be sold, recommend HK$10 a cup. Plan on providing lemonade ingredients, your own water supply in large bottles, cups to distribute.
|| Cub Scouts Pack 1 Hong Kong