Canvas training for SRJC instructors group
ONLINE SPECIAL EXPERTISE
The Distance Education department at SRJC offers an Online Special Expertise certificate training course that is delivered in Canvas, the course management system at SRJC. Completion of this certificate satisfies Policy 3.28P in order to teach online and hybrid courses at SRJC. The policy requires all instructors who teach online to “acquire and maintain online special expertise for online and hybrid course delivery.” By the end of the course, you will be able to
- Edit your Canvas profile and manage your account settings
- Create and organize instructional material in Canvas
- Manage course communication and interaction with Canvas Tools
- Create an assessment and use the SpeedGrader in Canvas
- Identify accessibility issues and upload an accessible document in Canvas
- Apply best pedagogical practices by designing and developing a module in Canvas
HOW TO JOIN: To join a session of the Online Special Expertise, please sign up below. You will receive an invitation to the course in Canvas a week before the session begins.
TIME REQUIRED: The online course is organized into six weekly modules that are estimated to take 2-4 hours to complete per week, depending on your experience using Canvas. Faculty can opt to complete the course at a faster pace by completing 2 or 3 modules per week.
IN-PERSON & REMOTE HELP: Each month, we also offer optional “live” training sessions, both in-person and remotely in Zoom, that align with the online course activities. In SignUpGenius, click on the Workshops tab and look for "OSE Bootcamp" days or other workshop topics of your choice.
FLEX CREDIT: Faculty can claim up to 12 hours of FLEX credit as well as PGI credit for the Online Special Expertise certificate training. See more information on the Distance Education website.
Dates TBA - interest list only