DE Course Developer
This 2-day workshop will guide you through the process of aligning your course with the Peralta CCD Equity Rubric, a research-based course (re)design instrument that helps online teachers make their online courses more equitable for all students. The workshop format will include on small-group discussion, brainstorming and collegial exchange.
The course will cover:
- addressing students’ access to technology and different types of support (both academic and non-academic);
- increasing the visibility of the instructor’s commitment to and awareness of inclusion;
- addressing common forms of bias (e.g., image and representation bias, interaction bias);
- helping students make connections (e.g., between course topics and their lives; with the other students); and
- applying universal design for learning principles.
|| Distance Education