PTF Spirit Rock Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in signing up for the PTF Spirit Rock. Please read the rules below carefully.
The purpose of the MCS Spirit Rock is to be a fun family activity promoting school spirit at Mariners Christian School, and is intended to be used only by MCS students and families. The Spirit Rock fees will be used for PTF sponsored activities. We ask for your assistance in following the rules outlined below.
Mariners Christian School Spirit Rock Guidelines.
- Each family may reserve up to three days per school year.
- The day you select on the calendar is your Display Day. Your Paint Day is the day prior starting at 3:30pm. **Important: For example, if your Display Day is August 25th, your Paint Day will begin after carpool at 3:30 pm on August 24th.
- A $25.00 non-refundable fee is required to reserve the Spirit Rock. You must pay at the time of your reservation, and you will receive a confirmation. (Check your junk mail if you do not receive it.)
- A reminder will be sent 7 days in advance of your paint day.
- Once reserved, you may not change your dates.
- Families must provide their own labor, paint and supplies to paint the Rock. The PTF will not supply the paint nor will the PTF paint the Rock. Each family is in charge of proper removal and disposal of paint supplies and trash, including spray paint cans, paint cans, and paint brushes. Disposal must be off of MCS campus. Proper disposal info: https://www.wm.com/location/california/orange-county/costa-mesa/env/hhw.jsp
- The family painting the Rock assumes liability for any individual or member of the group/organization who may be injured or who incur clothing or personal property damage.
- Only the Rock can be painted. Painting on fence, blacktop, lampposts, grass or any other structure is prohibited. Damage or destruction to any school property will deem the family financially responsible for cleaning and repair costs. You must also use the spray tarp located behind the Rock to protect any nearby cars. The tarp should be place so that the cars are protected. It is our expectation that MCS families will show respect for our business neighbors and their property.
- What is painted on the Spirit Rock must be in keeping our Student Handbook and Code of Conduct and reflect our Christian faith, honoring to God and others. Messages must be in good taste and may not contain any foul language, discriminatory or political remarks. Profanity and obscenities are not permitted. School administration reserves the right to cover any message that does not adhere to this policy. No business advertising or organization promotion is allowed.
- The Spirit Rock is only for Students Birthday Celebrations.
- TIP: The best paint to use is Rustoleum 2X Spray Paint. You will probably need 2-3 cans for a good base coat. It will depend upon the color you are using, the color already painted on the Rock and weather conditions. Remember, latex paint or paint that is rolled on will take longer to dry. UV Resistant Clear Coating spray may be used to protect from the rain.
For questions please contact Robyn Gundlach at [email protected] Thank you for supporting MCS PTF!