B-SAFE will be happening, even in an unprecedented, quickly changing world, and St. Andrew's will be right there with St. Stephen's, as we have been for 20+ years. B-SAFE will be offering enrichment programming both in-person and virtually, creating a blended learning model, emphasizing project-based learning and connections to teen and adult staff. In coordination with state-wide guidance on group activities, the B-SAFE site at St. Stephen's church at 419 Shawmut Avenue in Boston will only be hosting children (ages 5-11) in small groups for limited hours. Our support is dramatically reduced from prior years and we are only providing 62 lunches per day, in a grab-n-go format, for four days. In addition, we will provide 50 bags of non-perishable groceries, and 50 cash cards worth $50.00 each.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
From: Karen Pekowitz and Cam McCormick, and the entire Outreach Team of St. Andrew's
Here is an update from SSYP (St. Stephen's Youth Programming) as of July 1:
We all know that this is a summer unlike any other: we’re living through a pandemic, addressing our country’s long and painful legacy of racism, and standing together against police brutality and injustice.
Here at St. Stephen’s Youth Programs (SSYP), we know that this summer matters, more than almost any other in the 21 year history of our organization. We’re innovating and adapting our B-SAFE summer program in order to build a bold, healthy, loving community, something we all desperately need right now.
How will we do that in B-SAFE 2020?
- We’ll employ 195 teenagers from all over Boston, connecting with them through virtual programs that focus on professional skills and community engagement.
- We’ll hire nearly 60 young adults to offer younger students a blended learning model of enrichment programs that are both in-person and virtual and are adapted for Covid-19 safety.
- We’ll provide essential social and emotional support programming to our young people and their parents.
- With the help of volunteers from partner organizations, we’ll provide meals and learning materials for our young people and their families, more than 90% of whom have lost a job during the pandemic-related financial crisis.
- We’ll continue our B-LOVE distribution days at four sites, providing food, paper products, cleaning supplies, age-appropriate books, art supplies, homemade masks, diapers, and cash cards to our families. Since the beginning of April, we have made more than 525 disbursements totalling more than $125,000 in direct support to families. Thank you to the many friends who have given generously to support B-LOVE.
Our B-SAFE 2020 theme is “Be Bold, Be Kind, Be You.” I invite you to live out that theme with your gift today and join us in making this our Most Important Summer Ever.
With hope and gratitude,