Cornerstone Family Promise Sign Ups
Our next week to serve is Feb. 3 - Feb. 10. Please sign up by
- Signing up yourself (scroll down)
- For meals, contact Ginny Phillips at [email protected]
- For overnight hosting, contact Keith Green at [email protected]
- Or call the office, 610-255-5512
Many families have been placed back in homes since we started this ministry in November 2015. We have been an integral part of helping these families get back on their feet and they have asked to thank you for your hospitality.
We usually have little trouble filling the meals but it is often much more difficult to find overnight hosts. Please, prayerfully consider spending a night with our families.
We now have air mattresses for our overnight hosts and families. They are quite an improvement over the cots.
For those new to volunteering for Family Promise, see the job descriptions below:
Providing a Meal: prepare the meals as a group, serve, clean up, interact with the families, and make sure families get lunches ready for the next day. We can give you easy suggestions on how providing a meal can be done quickly by serving food already prepared from a market. Upon arrival at our church, you warm the meal if needed and serve. You then work with the families to clean up the dishes. You leave when the overnight hosts come usually no later than 8:00 PM.
Overnight Hosts: spend the night until the families leave early the next morning, making coffee if they want it. You should arrive as early as possible but no later than 8:00 PM. You can sleep in the library or any place not occupied by the families.
- A confidentiality form and an application are needed on file for each volunteer
- In the personal section of the application, no need to fill out all information
- If you spend the night, Pastor Dave will speak to you about how to obtain your background checks (at no cost to you).
We would like to thank all who intend to serve and please share with others your experience as we lift these families up in prayer. We have been excited as to just how God provides for this ministry. As God has been gracious to us, may we be gracious to these families.
|| David Phillips