For those signed up for the 12-2 shift. We are very task oriented. So if the task is complete we may not be there the entire 2 hour shift. If you sign up for 12 and would like to come at 11 that would work out just fine. Thanks again for you willingness to serve.
WAIVER FORM BELOW
Thank you For your willingness to volunteer. Please review the terms below. By signing up you agree to the conditions.
This release and waiver liability (the “Release”) effective on ________________ (date) by _________________________________________ (“Volunteer”) releases Positive Direction for Youth and Families, Inc., a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of North Carolina, and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents. The Volunteer aims to engage in activities and provide services related to serving as a volunteer for PDY&F.
Volunteer understands the scope of the Volunteer’s relationship with the Nonprofit is limited to a volunteer position, there is no compensation expected in return for services provided; the volunteer is not acting as an agent and has not been authorized to perform any functions outside of a volunteer capacity; the Nonprofit will not provide benefits that are typically provided to an employee; and that the Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event personal injury or illness occurs as a result of Volunteer’s services to non-profit.
- Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Nonprofit and its successors and assignees from any and all liability, claims, and demands, either in law or equity, which arise or may in the future arise from the services provided to Nonprofit. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Nonprofit from any liability or claim that I may have against Nonprofit with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provided to Nonprofit or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
- Insurance: I understand that Nonprofit does not assume any responsibility for or have an obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to; medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any claim for compensation or liability on the part of Nonprofit beyond what may be offered freely by Nonprofit in the event of an injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- Medical Treatment: Further, I release and discharge Nonprofit from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any medical services or treatment rendered in connection with an emergency during the period in which I volunteer with Nonprofit.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that certain activities provided with my volunteer services to Nonprofit may include activities or use of equipment, tools etc. that are inherently dangerous or hazardous to me. I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm by engaging in these activities or use of equipment, tools etc. and release Nonprofit from all liability.
- Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Nonprofit all right, title and interests in and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Nonprofit in connection with my providing volunteer services to Nonprofit. I may choose to not have my photograph taken or name, likeness or voice used in association with Nonprofit and will be sure to notify the Director or Volunteer Coordinator of Nonprofit.
- Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release, due to the nature of these volunteer services, is intended to be broad as permitted by the law of the State of North Carolina and that this Release is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina. I agree that in the event any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release will not be affected.
By signing up to volunteer, I confirm acknowledgment of this waiver, I expressly agree that I understand and intend to enter into this Waiver of Liability and Release, voluntarily and willingly.
|| James Gardner