2019-2020 Loaves & Fishes
Hello All, we have our first Loaves & Fishes request of the school year. It may seem like a strange time to be preparing food for other families, but we are going to try and continue this important service for our school community. This family is comfortable receiving meals from another household and would really appreciate some meals during a difficult time.
This is a family of four with a 2nd and 4th grader. Mom is having surgery Thursday, 10/8, so we are going to provide six meals over the next couple of weeks. One of the kids has an egg sensitivity, but as long as there's only a couple and they're baked in, that's fine. Something like a potato salad with hardboiled eggs would not work though. Meals can be delivered to the fridge in the Markell Hall cafeteria area. Please review our meal prep guidelines below. You can email Christy Fankhauser ([email protected]) with any questions. Thank you for signing up!
MEAL PREPARATION GUIDELINES
1. The meals must be prepared at your home and placed in the refrigerator in either Robin or Markell Hall (depending on the family) before 2:45 pm on the day you have agreed to make a meal.
Holly Hall- Please use the white fridge on the right in the cafeteria and stack on top of milk if necessary. Do not use the fridge in the teachers' kitchen. To get to the cafeteria, take a left once you are inside the front doors and it will be straight ahead.
Markell Hall- Place in the only fridge in kitchen area, which is at the left end of the main entryway by the gym.
2. Please have the meal in a bag clearly marked "LOAVES & FISHES."
3. We would like to preserve a sense of anonymity (we are serving as a community in Christ) and request that you not include your name with the meal but rather, if you wish, a general note from "Your Family at Franklin Academy."
4. The food containers that you use should be non-returnable, meaning that they are disposable or reusable but do nothave to get back to you.
5. All meals (casserole/entree, vegetables, bread, optional dessert) should be able to feed 5-6 people even if the family is smaller in size as leftovers are nice in these situations. The food should be completely ready, only needing reheating or salad dressing, etc. Rice and pasta should be already cooked.
6. IMPORTANT- If for some reason you are NOT able to make a meal on your assigned date, please contact Christy (360-224-1898, [email protected]) 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE so that we have time to make other arrangements. It is very important that this service flows as smoothly as possible, both for the volunteers and for the families receiving the meals.
|| The Franklin Academy / PALS