Saint Theresa Art & Environment
Remember those HUUUGE pots of palm branches we have each year? (See the photos here, if not.) We need help getting all those branches ready for the procession! We'll also be preparing the palm fronds that will be blessed at Mass for people to take home afterward.
- cutting palm fronds from the "buds" and separating them
- washing palmbranches after they are cut from the trees
- "skinning" the bottoms of palm branches to remove any thorns or sharp edges
- placing the large ceramic pots in the church
Palm branches will be cut from trees on the property by a landscaper that morning. However, due to the unpredictability of the landscaper's schedule, flexibility is most appreciated! :)
Please also note that, unlike typical setup days, this day has distinct physical considerations and is NOT suitable for all individuals.
- Branch skinning requires use of a box cutter or other sharp knife
- Ceramic pots are heavy and will require 2-3 people to lift on and off the dolly
- wear closed-toed shoes
- bring work gloves if you have them (gardening gloves will help, but will provide less protection) -- some additional gloves may be available
- wear clothing that it is okay if it gets wet
Service hours will be verified upon request; please bring the necessary information with you.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Brian Kinzie in the Parish Office at 602-840-0850 or via email at [email protected].
9:00am - 11:30am MDT
St. Theresa Parish - Church