- Local Young People (13 – 25 years old)
- Local Advocates (service organizations, teachers, counselors, service providers, youth leaders)
- Local Community Leaders (including Business, Education, Government, and Faith-Based)
Description of Event:
- Check-in 9:30 am on Saturday, 8/18/2018, at Miller Park Pavilion, Bloomington IL
- Event 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Post-event networking opportunities
With support from the City of Bloomington, Town of Normal, and Advocate Healthcare, United Way of McLean County (UWMC) and Not In Our Town (NIOT) will host a kick-off aimed to start creating a stronger community for our teens and young adults. The event will be a blend of listening sessions and brainstorming solution sessions.
We believe all young people should have opportunities to reach their full potential. Recent events, such as the surge in violence, demonstrate an alarming symptom of increasingly serious issues facing young people locally. This kick-off lays the groundwork for an ongoing dialogue between young people and those with the resources to make our community more vibrant and identify short-term and long-term options to make this happen.
Registration: No cost to attend, but registration is required.
10:00am - 1:00pm CDT
Miller Park Pavilion
|| Gloria Spinks